Paul Gauguin Cruises operator the m/s Paul Gauguin, offers oceanographer and environmentalist Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment Youth Program on several voyages this summer.
Jean-Michel Cousteau, son of the legendary Jacques Cousteau, and his Ocean Futures Society created the Ambassadors of the Environment Youth Program, which is a unique program that introduces young travelers to the natural wonders of French Polynesia through direct, hands-on, interactive learning. The mission of the Ocean Futures Society is to explore our global oceans, inspiring and educating people throughout the world to act responsibly for their protection.
Under the guidance of expert Ocean Future Society naturalists, young Ambassadors (ages 9-17) will explore coral reefs, learn about volcanic islands and forest ecology, experience Polynesian culture, hike rainforest trails, visit marae (ancient Polynesian temples), and more. Parents have an option to join their children on eco-excursions and other activities aboard and ashore.
The Ambassadors of the Environment Youth Program is available on summer voyages and is also available on select holiday cruises for a fee of $299 per child.
Summer Voyages Featuring Ambassadors of the Environment Youth Program:
- 7-night Tahiti & the Society Islands Cruises: June 2, 9, 16, 23; July 21, 28; August 4 and 11, 2012
- 11-night Cook Islands & Society Islands Cruise: June 30, 2012
- 10-night Society Islands & Tuamotus Cruise: July 11, 2012
- 14-night Marquesas, Tuamotus & Society Islands Cruise: August 18, 2012
Holiday Voyages Featuring Ambassadors of the Environment Youth Program:
- 7-night Tahiti & the Society Islands Holiday Cruises: December 22 and 29, 2012