Windstar’s Upcoming Caribbean Season Features Three Itineraries and Forty-Two Shore Excursions
Windstar Cruises, which operates a three-ship fleet of luxury yachts that explore hidden harbors and secluded coves of the world’s most treasured destinations, features three diverse itineraries and forty-two shore excursions in the enchanting Caribbean for 2012.
Windstar’s 2012 Caribbean Voyages:
- Flavors of the Caribbean: Set sail to a unique collection of islands highlighting diverse countries, styles, landscapes and cultures of the Caribbean. Seven-day sailings on Wind Surf roundtrip from Philipsburg, St. Maarten visit Le Marin, Martinique; Pigeon Island, St. Lucia; Roseau, Dominica; Falmouth Harbour, Antigua; and Gustavia, St. Barts. Departures: December 31, 2011; January 14, 28; February 11, 25; and March 10, 24, 2012. Cruise fares starting from $2,299 per person, double occupancy.
- Yachtsman’s Caribbean: Experience the glitter and glam of the Caribbean’s yachting scene with overnights in Jost van Dyke and Virgin Gorda. Seven-day sailings on Wind Surf roundtrip from Philipsburg, St. Maarten visit Soper’s Hole, Tortola; Jost van Dyke, B.V.I.; Virgin Gorda, B.V.I.; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Les Saintes, Guadeloupe; and Gustavia, St. Barts. Departures: December 24, 2011; January 7; February 4, 18; and March 3, 17, 2012. Cruise fares starting from $2,299 per person, double occupancy.
- Jewels of the Windward Islands: Sail the unspoiled islands of the Southern Grenadines highlighted by visits to St. Lucia and St. Vincent and overnight in the beautiful Tobago Keys. Seven-day sailings on Wind Spirit roundtrip from Bridgetown, Barbados visit Pigeon Island, St. Lucia; Bequia, The Grenadines; Tobago Keys, The Grenadines; Mayreau, The Grenadines; and St. George’s, Grenada. Departures: December 31, 2011; January 7, 14, 21, 28; February 4, 11, 18, 25; and March 10, 17, 2012. Cruise fares starting from $2,399 per person, double occupancy.
Highlights of Windstar’s 2012 Caribbean Shore Excursions:
- Basseterre, St. Kitts: St. Kitts Scenic Railway – Circle St. Kitts from a double-decker railcar enjoying panoramic views of the island, informative narrative history and island music.
- Bequia, St. Vincent, Grenadines: Magical Mustique at Leisure – Enjoy a rare opportunity to visit exclusive Mustique, a favorite island getaway of movie stars and royalty.
- Gustavia, St. Barts: Sailing Catamaran Snorkeling Adventure – Sail on a catamaran along the beautiful west coast of St. Barts before snorkeling at Colombier Bay’s Marine Park.
- Les Saintes, F.W.I.: Clear Bottom Kayaking – Explore the pristine turquoise waters of Les Saintes aboard a clear-bottom kayak accompanied by a guide and learn about the history of the island and marine life.
- Roseau, Dominica: Cooking Caribbean Flavors & Lifestyles – Create Caribbean dishes and fruit cocktail blends from local produce while learning about Dominican flavors, traditions and family lifestyles on this Caribbean culinary adventure.
- Roseau, Dominica: Champagne Reef Snorkel Trip – A unique snorkeling experience featuring an eco-system of colorful fish and a stream of bubbles that rise from a submerged volcano from the sea floor.
- Virgin Gorda, B.V.I.: Baths at Virgin Gorda – Discover the Baths – Virgin Gorda’s best known natural wonder – a cluster of enormous granite boulders, partially buried in the sand, which form underwater caves, pools and channels.
- Pigeon Island, St. Lucia: Rainforest Canopy Adventure – View island birds and plant life in St. Lucia’s rainforest soaring high above the ground on this zipline adventure.
- Pigeon Island, St. Lucia: Helicopter Flightseeing Tour – See spectacular sights of St. Lucia, the stunning Pitons, Castries Harbour, Marigot Bay and Soufriere including a view of the island’s volcanic hot springs and tropical rainforest.
- St. George’s, Grenada: River Tubing Grenada’s Greatest River – A thrilling river tubing experience on the Balthazar River which features exotic views of tropical vegetation and wildlife.