Windstar Cruises, a leader in yacht-style cruising, announces the debut of its new all-suite yacht, Star Pride, and the 2014 Pride Voyage Collection. The new voyages open for sale today, and feature four new itineraries exclusive to the all-suite yacht, including Windstar’s new itinerary through the Black Sea. Star Pride’s nine distinctive voyages highlight small-ship ports throughout the Mediterranean seas and French Riviera, tucking into tiny harbors and hidden coves that others can’t reach. The collection features voyages from May 5 to October 21, 2014.
“We are thrilled to welcome Star Pride to our fleet in Spring 2014, enabling Windstar to cruise a global set of itineraries to new destinations including our new Black Sea Tapestry voyage,” said Hans Birkholz, Windstar Cruises’ chief executive officer. “With a maximum of 212 guests on board, Star Pride delivers our promise of the private yacht experience in a casually elegant setting, all while exploring some of the world’s most legendary destinations and hidden harbors.”
The four exclusive Star Pride 2014 European voyages include:
· Black Sea Tapestry For the first time, Windstar offers the enigmatic, once hidden, wonders of Europe’s Black Sea in signature Windstar yachting style. This seven-day, roundtrip voyage from Istanbul, Turkey departs June 13, 20; and September 8, 2014, and visits five new ports including Yalta, Sevastopol, and Odessa, Ukraine; Constanta (Bucharest), Romania; and Nessebar, Bulgaria. Highlights include: Istanbul’s elegant Blue Mosque; Swallow’s Nest Castle in Yalta; the intriguing Potemkin Steps in Odessa; Sevastopol’s beautiful beaches; and medieval Nessebar, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with its impressive collection of historic churches.
· Pride of the Aegean Explore the breadth of the Aegean Sea, from the southernmost azure tip of Crete to the soaring spires of Istanbul, in one comprehensive nine-day sailing departing from Athens, Greece or Istanbul, Turkey on June 4, and 27; August 30; September 15 and 24; and October 3, 12, and 21, 2014. Star Pride visits Monemvasia, Chania, Santorini, and Rhodes, Greece; and Bodrum, Kusadasi, and Cesme, Turkey. Highlights include: Chania’s beautiful Venetian mansions and churches; the whitewashed buildings and blue domes of Santorini; the ancient Acropolis of Lindos in Rhodes; Cesme’s 14th century Genoese castle, as well as the marble, myths, and magic of Athens and Istanbul’s world-famous Grand Bazaar.
· Riviera Enchantment Discover the glamour, the enchantment, the excitement, and the exquisite élan of the world’s most famous yachting playgrounds on this seven-day voyage roundtrip from Rome, Italy departing May 21; and August 6, 2014. Rome sets the stage for this exciting cruise which visits some of the world’s most glamorous ports along the French Riviera including Cannes, France; Monte Carlo, Monaco; and Portoferraio, Portofino, and Portovenere, Italy. For an added thrill, guests sailing on the May 21 departure can add Windstar’s Grand Prix Cruise Package and experience the perfect combination of luxury cruising and Formula One racing.
· Venetian Passageways Uncover the wonders of Venice, the Queen of the Adriatic, as Windstar overnights in this magical city on this nine-day voyage along the ancient trade routes through the narrow Corinth Canal, to the ancient oracle of Delphi, and into the majestic fjords of Montenegro. Star Pride departs July 6; and August 21, 2014 from Athens, Greece or Venice, Italy visiting Hydra, Corinth Canal, Delphi/Itea, and Zakynthos, Greece; Butrint, Albania; Kotor, Montenegro; and Dubrovnik and Hvar, Croatia.
Also new for 2014, is Windstar’s Sicilian Splendors voyage. Sail around the Isle of Sicily and discover wonders from the ruins of Pompeii and Capri’s Blue Grotto to Baroque marvels and the breathtaking beauty of the Amalfi Coast with this 10-day sailing roundtrip from Rome, Italy departing May 11, 2014. This new 2014 voyage visits five new ports including Catania, Porto Empedocle, and Trapani, Italy; and Valletta and Gozo, Malta; as well as Lipari (Sicily), Sorrento, and Capri, Italy, and also spends one romantic night at sea. Highlights include: the ancient city of Syracuse in Catania; historic tapestries and armor in Valletta’s Palazzo Parisio; and some of the world’s best-preserved Greek ruins at the Valley of the Temples in Porto Empedocle.
In addition, Star Pride will offer many Windstar favorites including:
· Classic Italy & Dalmatian Coast: Discover the magic of Venice, the grandeur of Rome and the captivating island of Capri before cruising the privileged waters of the Ionian Sea with visits to the breathtaking fjords of Montenegro and the sundrenched shores of Croatia on this eight-day cruise departing from Rome or Venice on July 15 and August 13, 2014.
· Glitter & Glam of the Rivieras: From the sparkling cities of Marseille and Portofino to the chic style of Monaco and Cannes, Star Pride explores the legendary ports of the world’s most privileged yachts on this seven-day voyage departing from Rome or Barcelona on July 23 and 30, 2014.
· Enchanting Greece & the Amalfi Coast: This seven-day cruise departing May 28, 2014, explores the idyllic islands, charming cobbled villages, spectacular scenery, and intriguing history of the heart of the Mediterranean.
Star Pride, with a guest capacity of 212 in 106 suites, will undergo several upgrades and changes in styling and décor to align with Windstar’s brand. Star Pride will showcase many signature Windstar experiences, including the line’s famous Sail Away party, Yacht Deck Barbecue gala and Open Bridge policy.