Royal Caribbean International’s newest ship, Quantum of the Seas, is poised to make a show-stopping debut in November 2014, with a lineup of entertainment offerings that push the envelope far beyond imagination. From stage shows that take guests on a highly visual and experiential journey of music, sound and performance, to a radically new form of multidimensional entertainment that seamlessly fuses technology with highly trained live performers, stunning visuals and special effects, Quantum of the Seas delivers an array of first of their kind productions and performances that will leave audiences spellbound.
“The level of ingenuity, creativity and sheer imagination that has gone into the creation of the entertainment onboard Quantum of the Seas is staggering,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, Executive Vice President, Operations, Royal Caribbean International. “We are taking a quantum leap in all aspects of ship design and programming with the Quantum class, but the entertainment is especially remarkable. These shows and productions are truly one-of-a-kind, and we are confident that our guests will be WOWed.”
The Intersection of Entertainment and Technology
Already one of the most anticipated spaces onboard Quantum of the Seas, Two70° is the stage for a futuristic approach to entertainment that pairs the most advanced technology with brilliant dancers, singers, aerialists and musicians to deliver a powerful lineup of shows and events that have never before been seen on land, let alone at sea.
At the forefront of Two70° is Vistarama, an awe-inspiring innovation engineered especially for Quantum class. Vistarama transforms its expansive floor-to-ceiling windows into any scene, real or imagined, by combining 18 projectors to create an ambient surface over 100 feet wide and over 20 feet tall. Across this expanse, impromptu digital shows come to life in stunning 12K resolution, a pixel-perfect industry first. In addition, Two70°’s troupe of six agile Roboscreens stage surprise performances throughout every cruise. Each measuring over seven feet high and controlled by powerful robotic arms, the Roboscreens are delightfully nimble, as they create scenes while soaring and twisting solo, or uniting as one. The creative possibilities of Vistarama and Roboscreens are brought to life through the beautiful, imaginative and original digital content created exclusively for Royal Caribbean by Moment Factory, the internationally renowned studio in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
“The entertainment in Two70° is simply magical,” said Nick Weir, Vice President, Entertainment, Royal Caribbean International. “There is an incredible team of risk takers and dreamers here at Royal Caribbean. Together, we saw the magnitude of what this room could do and shot for the stars. We’ve always brought the best of land to sea, but in Two70° we are creating something that has never been done anywhere else in the world.”
The integration of Vistarama and Roboscreens, with highly trained live performers, music and special effects, provides an endless landscape for Royal Caribbean to create stunningly visual, first-of-their-kind shows that can only be seen on Quantum of the Seas. Main shows include:
· Starwater – created by Moment Factory, this original Royal Caribbean production is a highly visual, theatrical spectacle of video mapping, special effects and human artistry that combine to create an awe-inspiring experience designed to appeal to universal human emotions
- Virtual Concert – a world-class concert experience featuring premier musicians, groups and bands that is masterfully captured and projected across Vistarama and all six Roboscreens to transport guests to a virtual experience as impressive as the real thing
Headlining a New Art Form
The main theater onboard Quantum of the Seas, the Royal Theater, is a spectacular, state-of-the-art space that takes advantage of the latest technology to create a performance venue that raises the bar once again. Seating 1,300 guests, the Royal Theater is home to Royal Caribbean’s two main shows presented by Royal Caribbean Productions:
· Sonic Odyssey –an original Royal Caribbean Production, conceived and created by William Close, Under The Radar Chicago and Art House Live, isinspired by musician and innovator William Close and his variety of one-of-a-kind majestic instruments. This unbelievable production includes his signature Earth Harp, a unique Drum Wall consisting of 136 drums, a Vocal Percussion Jacket, Violin Dress and more. Sonic Odyssey is an original, theatrical masterpiece that weaves together a nine-piece live orchestra with a cast of singers, dancers, aerialists and gymnasts to envelop the audience in a spectacular show that must be seen and heard to be believed.
Broadway at Sea
Continuing to expand on Royal Caribbean’s commitment to offering award-winning Broadway productions at sea, the Royal Theater also will host the full theatrical version of the smash hit musical MAMMA MIA!Guests will delight in this sunny, funny tale of love, laughter and friendship, all set to the timeless songs of ABBA – including “Dancing Queen,” “The Winner Takes It All,” “Money, Money, Money” and “Take a Chance on Me.”
Live Music at Its Best
Designed specifically with the music lover in mind, Music Hall is the hottest live music venue onboard Quantum of the Seas and the ultimate place for guests to enjoy intimate and exclusive access to live performances. Music Hall comes alive at night as the heart of the ship’s entertainment, featuring bands, musicians, DJs, theme night parties and more, including:
· MAMMA MIA! After Party – when MAMMA MIA! ends in the Royal Theater, the party is just beginning in Music Hall, where guests can dance the night away during a red carpet, Broadway-style after party with featured cast members from the show
· Tribute Band Program – an extensive line-up of incredibly talented live musical acts pay homage to timeless entertainers from every era, from The Beatles and Bee Gees, to Journey and Bon Jovi
· Wink – a premium late-night show with class and sass, featuring the Royal Theater cast in an adults-only showcase
With a variety of productions, events and parties to experience throughout a sailing onboard Quantum of the Seas, guests are encouraged to reserve the shows they wish to attend prior to their cruise through Royal Caribbean’s all-new Cruise Planner. All shows are complimentary and included in the cost of a guest’s cruise fare.