The ultra-premium cruise lines tend to have smaller ships and offer voyages to popular ports. They also tend to have unique itineraries featuring smaller, less-traveled destinations. They primarily cater to discerning passengers who are seeking a sophisticated level of service, ship amenities, and accommodations at upscale prices. Some of the lines may offer several all-inclusive amenities such specialty coffees and bottled water, a stocked in-cabin mini-bar, and in many cases gratuities. These lines are generally priced higher than the premium cruise lines.
These lines are well suited for:
- Seasoned travelers.
- Adults who are destination-oriented and enjoy the finer things in life.
- Adults looking for a boutique type of experience with exceptional service aboard smaller ships.
- Travelers looking for a destination immersion with unique shore excursions.
- Travelers who find the small touches make all the difference—from the service to the food to the ships themselves.
- Adults seeking a “country club casual” experience with very upscale surroundings and amenities.
Minimum Age: Six months (twelve months for transatlantic, transpacific, and world destinations)
Children’s Programs: Extensive
Babysitting: No (but nursery for infants between ages one and two)
See the Top 10 chapter for complete information! Click here for full line info.