For families looking for an alternative to the traditional reunion, a gathering at sea will surely make a splash with everyone. The following are the top reasons family reunions at sea are more popular than ever:
1 Superior Value – The all-inclusive pricing of cruise vacations includes a family’s accommodations, meals, 24-hour room service, most onboard activities, and top entertainment. Groups often receive special amenities. Cruise ships offer families a variety of staterooms to fit any budget and set of travel needs. Some cabins have been specially designed to sleep four or more guests. Special suites also are available for the disabled and folks who want more room and luxury amenities.
2. Convenient Departure Points – Traveling to board a cruise ship has never been easier. Ships depart from more than twenty ports throughout North America. Today, cruise ships are located within driving distance or a short flight of many US cities, including Miami, Tampa/St. Petersburg, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York, Galveston, New Orleans, Boston, Los Angeles, and Seattle, among others.
3. No Worries – On a family reunion cruise, there is no cooking or cleaning to worry about—just relaxation. Furthermore, the weather is usually warm and pristine. Once everyone’s bags are unpacked (some lines may offer to do that, too), the ship’s crew does the rest.
4. Floating Fun – There is never a dull moment on a modern cruise ship. Guests enjoy swimming pools and water slides, rock climbing walls, surfing, ice-skating rinks, roller blade tracks, spa services, kids’ programs, nightclubs, gambling, shopping, dining, libraries, Internet and video arcades, enrichment seminars and guest lectures, yoga, and plenty more. A highlight for many families is the visit to the cruise lines’ private islands that dot the Caribbean—these are always full of fun and relaxation.
5. Food Galore – There are more food and dining choices on cruise ships than ever before, catering to people of all ages and tastes. Cruise ships still have their formal dining rooms, but most also feature more casual restaurants, grills, and poolside dining options—plus 24/7 room service. Specialty restaurants, created by some of the world’s most famous chefs, can also be found on many cruise ships.
6. Spa Sensations – Men and women who want to be truly pampered are invited to enjoy incredible spa experiences. Cruise ship spa staffs make relaxation and rejuvenation the focus of your visit, from the time you slip on your spa robe to the sad moment you leave this serene and peaceful Eden.
7. Children’s Programs – For parents who may want a break from their children (and vice versa) most of today’s cruise ships offer plenty of structured and supervised recreational programs for kids aged 3–17. In addition, special lounges and nightclubs for tweens and teens abound so that the younger generations can hang out in supervised settings—no parents allowed.