Hamburg, June 19, 2019 – Out this month, the first preview brochure for the new SEA CLOUD SPIRIT, scheduled to take to the high seas in late summer 2020. Guests can now pre-register for cruises on the new ship from August – December 2020 actual bookings will open later this year. For SEA CLOUD CRUISES, who already sails the historical SEA CLOUD and the SEA CLOUD II, it’s a new page in history for the small luxury line.
The new SEA CLOUD SPIRIT will combine a romantic windjammer atmosphere, with the most modern comforts. With her clear, classic outline, she follows the role model of her two elegant wind-jammer sisters, the SEA CLOUD and the SEA CLOUD II. Entirely new in this concept are the generous number of cabins with balconies, the extensive sun deck with sunbeds, a gym with panoramic views, the exclusive spa and wellness area, as well as the option to choose between an elegant menu in the restaurant and a relaxed dinner in the bistro on the lido deck in the evenings.
The SEA CLOUD SPIRIT will be built on the well-established successful spirit and philosophy, and will also be sailed traditionally by hand – thus reinforcing SEA CLOUD CRUISES´ unique selling point in the market of sailing cruises. The SEA CLOUD SPIRIT will have a sail area of 44,100 sq. ft. / 4.100 m², and will be equipped with two economic diesel- electric drives that keep her on course even during calm seas.
Highlights of the SEA CLOUD SPIRIT preview brochure include:
- The Maiden Voyage: Lisbon – Rome August 29-September 11, 2020
- Viewing of the Classic Regatta: Rome – Nice September 28-October 8, 2020
- Several shorter cruises: Naples – Naples, September 18 – 22, 2020, Nice – Nice, October 8 – 12, 2020, Las Palmas – Las Palmas, November 5 – 9, 2020
- Transatlantic Sailing: Sailing with the trade winds under full sails for 14 relaxed days, November 9 – 24, 2020, Las Palmas – St Maarten
- New Destination: Three new Caribbean itineraries, visiting for the first time the U.S. Virgin Islands: November 24 – December 4, 2020; December 4 – 13, 2020 and December 13 – 20, 2020.