Recently Launched Ships
Following is a listing of the newest ships to hit the water.
Contemporary Cruise Lines
- Aida Cruises launched the AIDAmira in December 2019.
- Carnival Cruise Line launched the Carnival Mardi Gras November 2020. This ship carries 5,200 passengers
- CostaCruises launched the Costa Venzia in March 2019. It carries 4,200 passengers. This ship is part of the Costa Asia brand.
- Costa Cruises launched the Costa Smeralda in October 2019. It carries 6,660 passengers.
Upscale Contemporary Cruise Lines
- MSC Cruises launched the Bellissima in March 2019. It carries 4,500 guests.
- MSC Cruises launched the MSC Grandiosa in November 2019. It carries 4,800 guests.
- Norwegian Cruise Line launched the Norwegian Encore in November 2019. It carries 4,200 passengers
- Royal Caribbean International launched a new Quantum Class ship, Spectrum of the Seas, in May 2019. It carries 4,180 passengers.
Premium Cruise Lines
- Celebrity Cruises launched the all suite Celebrity Flora in May 2019. It carries 100 passengers and be year round in the Galapagos.
- Princess Cruises launched Sky Princess in October 2019. It carries 3,660 passengers
- Tui Cruises launched the Mein Schiff 2 in Spring 2019. It carries 2,500 passengers
Ultra-Premium Cruise Line
- Viking Ocean Cruises launched Viking Jupiter in February 2019. It carries 930 passengers.
Ultra-Luxury Cruise Lines
- Hapag-Lloyd launched the Hanseatic Nature in April 2019. It carries 230 passengers. This ship is designed for German speakers.
- Hapag-Lloyd launched the Hanseatic Inspiration in October 2019. It will carries 230 passengers. This will be an international ship.
- Ponant launched Le Bougainville in 2019. It has 92 staterooms.
- Ponant launched Le Dumont D’urville in 2019. It has 92 staterooms.
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises launched the Seven Seas Splendor in February 2020. It will carries 750 passengers
River Cruise Lines
- AmaWaterways launched the AmaMagna in May 2019. It carries 196 passengers.
- AmaWaterways launched the AmaMora in 2019
- AmaWaterways launched the AmaDouro in 2019. It carries 102 passengers.
- American Cruise Lines launched the American Harmony in 2019
- American Queen Steamboat Company launched the American Countess in 2019. It carries 248 passengers.
- Avalon Waterways launched the Avalon Envision in 2019. It carries 166 passengers.
- Croisieurope launched the Amalia Rodrigues in 2019. It carries 132 passengers.
- Emerald Waterways launched the Adriatic Princess II in 2019. It carries 36 passengers
- Emerald Waterways launched the Emerald Harmony in 2019. It carries 84 passengers.
- Viking River Cruises launched the Viking Helgrim in 2019. It carries 106 passengers.
- Viking River Cruises launched the Viking Sigyn; Viking Tir; Viking Ullur; and the Vking Vali in 2019. Each ship carries 190 passengers.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection launched the SS Bon Voyage in 2019.
Expedition Cruise Lines
- Ecoventura launched t the MV Theory March 2019. This ship carries 20 passengers
- Hurtigruten launched MS Roald Amundsen in July 2019. This ship carries 530 passengers.
- Oceanwide Expeditions launched a new polar vessel the Hondius in 2019. It carries 180 passengers.
Small Ship Cruise Lines
- Saga Cruises introduced Spirit of Discovery in summer 2019. It carries fewer than 1000 passengers.
- Marella Cruises introduced the former Celebrity Century as the Marella Explorer 2 in April 2019