Courtesy Crown Cruise Vacations: (Sept. 27, 2020) – Recently Crown Cruise Vacations President Ross Spalding sent this letter as an update to cruising, titled: An Update: Plans on a Healthy Return to Cruising, a Letter to Our Valued Friends & Clients
As we head into Fall, we want to take a moment to share with you where things stand in the Cruise World and when we might see some cruises resume in the US. Today, we have good news to share!
Cruise Lines in Europe have started returning to service in Europe on a limited basis, and with success. As a result, Cruise Lines across our country put together new plans of action that take the lessons learned from these first steps to ensure that we have a healthy return to cruising in the very near future. All the major cruise lines have submitted plans with the CDC in the last week to institute new protocols to minimize any risk and help guarantee the safety of guests and crew alike.
- 100% testing of passengers and crew for COVID-19 prior to embarkation
- Mask-Wearing. Mandatory wearing of masks by all passengers and crew onboard and during excursions whenever physical distancing cannot be maintained
- Physical distancing in terminals, onboard ships, on private islands and during shore excursions
- Air management and ventilation strategies to increase fresh air onboard and, where feasible, using enhanced filters and other technologies to mitigate risk
- Medical Capability: Risk based response plans tailored for each ship to manage medical needs, dedicated cabin capacity allocated for isolation and other operational measures, and advance arrangements with private providers for shoreside quarantine, medical facilities, and transportation.
- Shore Excursions: Only permit shore excursions according to the cruise operators’ prescribed protocols, with strict adherence required of all passengers and denial of re-boarding for any passengers that do not comply.
With these plans in place, we hope to see ships welcoming passengers again before the end of this year. The Cruise Travel Industry is working hard with the scientific community to get this right and to be there for you when it is safe to travel. Decisions are being made using scientific data based on what we’ve learned about this pandemic on how to minimize risk and maximize health and safety.
As an agency, Crown Cruise Vacations remains committed to providing you excellent service on your upcoming travel – and our advisors are standing by to help seven days a week. Although we aren’t cruising yet, the return to the sea is coming soon and we will be there to help you navigate that next vacation.
From our family to yours, we look forward to speaking with you and sailing with you again soon.
President, Crown Cruise Vacations
Cover photo: Carnival Destiny at Dominica ©Dennis Cox/WorldViews