Learn the culinary skills needed to prepare fine food and select wines from Italy and around the world on select MSC Cruises itineraries in 2009-10. Exclusive “Food and Wine” theme cruises have been created on the luxurious MSC Melody, MSC Armonia, MSC Orchestra, and the new sister ships, MSC Fantasia and MSC Splendida, to teach guests many of the culinary secrets that have given them such a special stay while on board.
These special culinary programs are available on the following sailings:
- MSC Melody: Oct. 23, 14-night repositioning from Genoa to Salvador de Bahia
- MSC Armonia: Nov. 15, 21-night repositioning from Venice to Buenos Aires
- MSC Splendida: Nov. 27, 11-night Eastern Mediterranean itinerary roundtrip from Genoa
- MSC Fantasia: Feb. 20, 11-night Western Mediterranean itinerary roundtrip from Genoa
- MSC Orchestra: Aug. 28, 11-night repositioning from Copenhagen to Genoa
Guests onboard MSC Poesia’s April 10, seven-night “Island Treasures & Ancient Temples” Caribbean cruise itinerary will experience “Festa Italiana.” This celebration of “all things Italian” features culinary demonstrations to learn the secrets of cooking European dishes by top Italian chefs or attend lectures on Italian art and architecture, automobiles, fashion and design while enjoying entertainment by opera singers and contemporary Italian vocal artists.
Full-color brochures with recipes and tips are provided in five languages to make sure everyone can continue the creative journey and share the experience with family and friends when they return home.
Except for the wine tastings, all the special food & wine programs on these theme cruises are included in the cruise fare.