MSC Cruises — the Swiss-based world’s largest privately-owned cruise line and market leader in Europe, South America, South Africa and the Gulf — announced that sales for its much-awaited 2021 World Cruise open today.
This once-in-a-lifetime experience — the third world cruise after the nearly sold-out 2019 and 2020 MSC World Cruises — will journey on board MSC Poesia on a 119-day journey around the globe departing on January 5, 2021. With an all-new itinerary featuring a significant focus on unique Asian destinations, the 2021 World Cruise has been designed to allow guests to really discover some of the region’s most inspiring destinations and more.
Gianni Onorato, MSC Cruises’ CEO, commented: “At MSC Cruises, each time we bring a new itinerary to our guests we are committed to making that part of a unique and unforgettable holiday experience. Our newest World Cruise itinerary for 2021 — which features one of our most charming ships, MSC Poesia — will offer guests not only an incredible number of different destinations and overnight stays in iconic cities but a rich array of on board entertainment and music, enrichment activities as well as dining experiences that are sure to make this a voyage of discovery both while on board and ashore.”
Brand New Itinerary for 2021 World Cruise featuring an enriched Asian segment
The 119-day voyage sails roundtrip from Genoa and Civitavecchia in Italy, Marseille in France and Barcelona in Spain and takes guests across the globe in one single voyage of discovery. Heading west, the first leg crosses the Atlantic to the islands of the Caribbean and through the Panama Canal, sails the west coast of the continent (Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala and Mexico) to San Francisco. The second leg visits scenic Maui and then volcanic Hawaii, Samoa and Fiji. Then the ship will call at Auckland in New Zealand, Sydney, the Australian Golden Coast together, Cairns and the incredible Great Barrier Reef, Papua New Guinea and the Philippines. MSC Poesia then arrives in Japan during its spectacular cherry blossom season.
After visiting Kyoto, Tokyo and Shanghai in China, the third leg cruises to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore and Malaysia, allowing guests to fully discover this area of the Asian Continent. Finally, crossing the Indian Ocean to Sri Lanka and Dubai guests can explore Oman and Jordan (Petra) and travel through the Suez Canal, back to the Mediterranean.
Guests will travel in style and comfort on board MSC Poesia – MSC Cruises’ “poem to the beauty of the sea.” On board, guests will enter a refined world of comfort, created to surprise and delight. Guests marvel at the spectacular foyer waterfall, the Zen Garden, authentic Japanese Sushi bar, and unwind at the opulent MSC Aurea Spa with a steam room, sauna and divine massages to pamper body and mind. For more active cruisers, there is a basketball and tennis court, shuffleboard, state-of-the-art gym and mini golf area. Plus, 3 swimming pools, 4 whirlpools and a giant poolside cinema screen. These are just a few of the many features guests will find on board MSC Poesia.
2021 World Cruise Highlights
Some of the highlights include:
- Puerto Limon, Costa Rica – The stunning beaches and lush rainforest are havens for any nature lover. Here, guests will have the unique opportunity to interact with native sloth species or discover the rich history that the second largest city in Costa Rica has to offer. One of the best ways to take in the landscape is through the ‘VERAGUA RAINFOREST & AERIAL TRAM’ shore excursion, offering guests a comfortable and convenient way to adventure deep into the rainforest, encountering a myriad of butterflies and breath-taking waterfalls.
- San Francisco, USA – Guests will not want to miss a chance to see the iconic Golden Gate bridge, visit the famous penitentiary-turned-prison of Alcatraz, or taste the local California wines in one of the United States’ most famous cities. The ‘SAN FRANCISCO & GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE’ tour — one of the many unique shore excursions featured on the cruise — is the ideal way to take in these landmarks during your stay, offering a plethora of can’t-be-missed sites in one trip.
- Honolulu, USA – Hawaii is renowned for its sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and looming volcanoes. On Oahu, the Hawaiian capital is home to all three of these treasures, where guests can partake in a luau or simply say ‘aloha’ to a day of sunbathing on the famous Waikiki Beach. To discover the city, as well as learn some of its most moving history, the ‘PEARL HARBOR & CITY TOUR’ will usher guests from sunken submarine and battleships, to pearls of the ancient Hawaiian kingdom.
- Sydney, Australia – Sailing by the Sydney Opera House and towering Harbour Bridge, guests will have two days to explore the iconic Australian city. Whether they choose to visit the famous Taronga Zoo for a chance to see real-live kangaroos or learn to surf at Bondi Beach, this is a destination for everyone. To truly experience the city, customers may join the ‘SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE CLIMB’ shore excursion, where they will ascend the 440-ft. tall bridge for a panoramic view of the city, while their climb leader details the history from 1932 until now.
- Tokyo, Japan – The bright lights of Tokyo are one of six Japanese cities that MSC Poesia will visit during the world tour. With a plethora of authentically Japanese activities to experience, guests may choose between traditional tea ceremonies, observing Sumo wrestlers’ morning practice sessions and discovering the restaurant offerings that make Tokyo the most Michelin-starred city in the world.
- Shanghai, China – One of China’s most iconic cities will allow guests to immerse themselves in the Far East, visiting the Jade Buddha Temple, walking along the Bund waterfront or taking a day trip to the Zhujiajiao water town, where the historic homes and bridges will have guests feeling they’ve stepped back in time.
- Hong Kong – This vibrant metropolis is where East meets West, and guests will be amazed by the many modern skyscrapers that paint the city’s skyline and delighted by the rich history, such as the Tian Tan Buddha.
- Da Nang, Vietnam – Vietnam’s fifth largest city is one of the country’s most beautiful. Guests may opt to climb the one-of-a-kind Marble Mountains, bask in the sun on My Khe Beach or discover the many stunning pagodas that the city is known for.
- Singapore – Framed by the unmistakable Marina Bay Sands Hotel and the city’s symbol, the Merlion, Singapore is a paradise for shoppers, with breath-taking malls that are as beautiful as they are well-stocked. The historical Raffles Hotel and eye-opening Gardens by the Bay make this small island a taste of the best of both worlds, modern meets classic. The ‘HIGHLIGHTS OF SINGAPORE’ shore excursion, for example, mixes classic coach and walking tours and will allow guests a chance to take in the many neighbourhoods of the city, starting with the exotic Little India.
- Aqaba, Jordan – This city rests on the Red Sea coast and is a haven for divers and history buffs alike. From snorkeling in the Aqaba Marine Park to Mamluk Castle and the Aqaba Archaeological Museum, this destination has something to satiate everyone’s interests.
The MSC 2021 World Cruise sales will initially open to MSC Voyagers Club members only for one month, with sales opening to all guests on January 10, 2019. Interior staterooms start at $15,349 per person, and each cruise ticket comes with a set of 15 included shore excursions, as well as a mealtime package.
The highly-sought-after 2019 World Cruise has already sold out, but there is still space available for 2020.