My friends over at the TravelSmart Newsletter just sent out some very helpful information.
The holidays are rolling around again, and you’ll need stocking stuffers for the kids, presents for friends and hostess gifts for all those parties. Here are some affordable suggestions for anyone who travels—whether to grandmother’s house or Bali—gathered by the TravelSmart Newsletter staff, who have tested them all. Note that shipping and gift cards are free, gift wrapping costs only $3, and all can be returned for a complete refund.
1. MULTI-BIT SCREWDRIVER. Perfect for small repairs to luggage, hair dryers, curling irons or even eyeglasses, this screwdriver has four Phillips bits and four slotted bits. 4¼” long. $4.50.
2. TRAVEL CLOTHES LINE. Braided elastic cord with large suction cups stretches to fit virtually all bathtubs and eliminates the need for clothes pins, since undies can be stuffed between the cords. $4.50.
3. SHOE BAGS. Keep the contents of your suitcase clean with these soft fleece bags that hold dirty loafers, heels and flip flops. They even keep shoes from scuffing one another. $13.95 for set of two.
4. POM POM IDENTIFIERS. Make your (black) bag stand out from others on the baggage carrousel with stylish and washable red and white Pom Poms that easily clip onto any suitcase. $6.95 per pair.
5. TRAVEL VASE. Enjoy flowers in your hotel room with this reusable vase. “Freeze” in cold water to shape it, soak in warm water to flatten and pack it. Small clear “crystal,” $5.95. Large frosted blue, $6.95.
6. AUTO EMERGENCY BREAKAWAY TOOL. Seatbelt cutter, pin to pop airbags, hammer to break windows and more—everything you need to get out of your car in case of an accident. 6½“ long. $12.50.
7. BRAIN QUEST FOR THE CAR. Keep the kids entertained with 1,100 questions and answers about the U.S.—culture, customs, famous Americans, state capitals, history and more. $13.95.
8. WONDER TOOL. Amazing key chain twists caps, opens cans and bottles…even doors. Great for travel, camping, and the office. $7.95.
9. ANTI-THEFT MEDICINE ORGANIZER. Protect your medications in a locked compartment that has a slot for your ID and printed prescriptions. Slash-proof construction, cut-proof handle. $22.50.
10. SMART JEWELRY CASE. Necklace side keeps pearls and chains tangle-free. Accessory side has compartments for earrings, pins and watches. Foam lining prevents damage. 9½” long. $21.95.
And, of course, another holiday gift for travelers is a subscription to TravelSmart for $39 a year.
To see all 60 gift items and get a free sample issue of TravelSmart Newsletter, visit www.TravelSmartNewsletter.com. Please place orders online or by calling 800-327-3633.