Allergy sufferers can check their discomfort at the door – of 70 Crystal Serenity doors, that is – when ultra-luxe Crystal Cruises launches the cruise industry’s first hypoallergenic staterooms. Already renowned for the highest standards of sanitation and comfort, Crystal is introducing a whole new category of luxury accommodations for the most refreshing night’s sleep possible on the world’s #1 cruise line: Deluxe PURE Staterooms.
Crystal is partnering with PURE Marine Solutions, sister company of leading allergy-friendly hospitality innovator PURE Global, for a comprehensive transformation utilizing the only hypoallergenic process patented and proven to deliver a safe and healthy environment. During Crystal Serenity’s “Extreme Makeover” dry-dock in November, each of the current 70 “AA” verandah rooms will undergo PURE’s seven-step air and surface purification process to remove allergens and reduce the risk of common irritants. Among the many steps to maintain this superior allergy-friendly indoor environment, a state-of-the art medical grade air purifier will continue to filter out 99.9% of all impurities and dust. While PURE rooms are usually sold at a premium at shoreside luxury properties such as the SLS Beverly Hills, Park Hyatt Toronto, and Fairmont Chicago, Crystal’s Deluxe PURE Staterooms will be available to guests at no additional cost. The rooms debut on November 27 and will be designated as “P1” and “P2” in April.
“Imagine returning to your room after a full day ashore in a bustling city like Rome or Bangkok, and then slipping into your purified sanctuary of ultra-clean air and hypoallergenic bedding,” says Jack Anderson, Crystal’s senior vice president, marketing & sales. “For guests who suffer from allergies, have mild respiratory issues such as asthma, or who simply desire a respite from the air quality in many cities, these staterooms will become a haven of fresh air – for no additional cost.”
How does a room become PURE?
Phase 1: Disinfection
1. Deep Clean Air-Handling Unit: Each room’s air handling systems (heat and air-conditioning), including fan blades, condensation lines, and drop pans, are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected using PURE’s advanced treatment, leading to a dramatically improved overall air quality in each room.
2. PURE Clean: Every surface of the room, including furniture, curtains, and carpeting, is deep-cleaned and sanitized using special vacuums and a patented PURE cleaning solution that disintegrates bio films and maximizes removal of dirt and bacteria that traditional cleaners may leave behind.
3. High Ozone Shock Treatment: An advanced shock treatment completely eliminates particles, viruses, germs, and odors from every inch of the room, resulting in a fresh, crisp environment.
Phase 2: Prevention and Maintenance
4. PURE Shield. A patented bacteriostatic barrier is applied everywhere, from light switches and TV screens to countertops and artwork, repelling new microorganism growth for up to two years and making it nearly impossible for bacteria and viruses to survive in a PURE environment.
5. PURE Tea Tree Oil Cartridge. A natural antimicrobial disinfectant, safe even for scent allergy sufferers, is strategically placed to maintain the room’s sanitized conditions.
6. Air Purification System. A patented PURE air purifier is discretely installed inside the room, providing 24-hour defense against airborne irritants. Listed by the FDA as a Class II Medical Device, PURE’s state-of-the-art system is 150 times more efficient than HEPA and proven to eliminate 100% of organisms from the air as they pass through the purifier.
7. Allergy-Friendly Bedding. Micro-fiber, mono-filament mattress and pillow encasements add an extra layer of allergen protection while while sleeping.
Crystal’s housekeeping staff will be trained in any daily maintenance routines required. Every six months, PURE specialists will also re-service the rooms, ensuring spaces are kept to the highest of hygiene levels indefinitely.
What are the tangible results guests may see, feel, and experience from staying in a Deluxe PURE Stateroom?
· Relief from allergies and mild respiratory issues, including coughing, sneezing, sniffling, and watery eyes. (Crystal’s PURE particle-free reduction process exceeds asthma and allergy community recommendations.)
· More sound sleep, waking refreshed.
· Breathing of clean, crisp, ultra-fresh air, thereby enhancing the relaxation and recuperation that people expect from vacation.
· No chemicals, no lingering odors—PURE’s cleaning solutions are completely invisible to the eye, smell, and touch.