1. The Ferrari Driving Experience: a one hour tutorial and driving program. This by-request-only experience, currently priced at only $650, is headed by Ferrari’s Tour Director, who provides a briefing about the Ferrari you will drive and prepares you for the trip. Then, leave the city of Civitavecchia in style, winding to Tarquina and back again, an approximate 40-minute trip, with several brief stops in between for photos. This excursion is available on Royal Caribbean by special request on a variety of Mediterranean cruises in Rome; RCL Mariner of the Seas departs Rome/Civitavecchia April 15, 2011.
2. Wild Alaska Coast Exploration By Private Boat: The beauty of Alaska is one of the great natural wonders of the world; explore its breathtaking wilderness on your own terms. This Norwegian Cruise Lines shore excursion, currently priced at $2100 for a group of up to 6 people, visits glacier-carved fjords and wild stretches of the Alaskan coast. Travel by 33-foot deluxe private catamaran with an expedition naturalist, observing whales, sea lions, porpoise, bears and bald eagles. Explore and photograph glacier-carved peaks, sheltered inlets, and tidal estuaries. Haul crab pots or visit a commercial fishing boat at work to talk with the crew, explore tide pools, hike on game trails, or just delight in the beauty the pristine land. The Norwegian Star departs Los Angeles on May 7, 2011.
3. Overnight Romantic Escapade At Ic Thalasso: Begin with an over the water bungalow situated above the sparkling lagoons. The Paul Gauguin Romantic Escape excursion, currently priced at $925, gives a couple a day of romantic amenities, including time on a gorgeous island beach, kayaking, canoeing, a swimming pool, and tennis. Guests also enjoy a champagne candlelit dinner for two from Ic Thalasso’s gourmet restaurant. The calming sounds of the crystal-clear water as it splashes around the bungalow’s stilts, and distant waves breaking on the shore, will round out this private, simple setting for two in magnificent style. The MS Paul Gauguin departs Papeete, Tahiti Jan 5, 2011.
4. An Out-Of-This-World Exploration Of Faith and History: “Flight Over Galilee & Jerusalem Exploration” is an amazing way to soar over thousands of years of religious history. This exciting Crystal Cruises helicopter/walking adventure, currently priced at $4,999, and lasting 9 ½ hours, provides an intimate and exclusive look at some of the most sacred locations on the planet. This excursion is available in the port of Ashdod, Israel, next visited by the Crystal Serenity, departing Athens, Greece October 24, 2011. (Please confirm availability of this excursion with your CruiseCompete agent.)
Experience a unique examination of Jerusalem and biblical Jaffa – the historic gateway to Israel – and cosmopolitan Tel Aviv, a city designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Stroll the Via Dolorosa, the route of Jesus as he carried his cross to Calvary. Visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher at Golgotha, view the golden Dome of the Rock, and stop at the Western Wall (formerly the Wailing Wall), considered the holiest site in the Jewish world.
This one-of-a kind excursion also visits numerous important and holy sites, including Nazareth and the Church of the Annunciation; Mt. Tabor, the traditional site of the Transfiguration; the Sea of Galilee; Capernaum; Tiberias; and Yardenit, the famous baptismal site on the Jordan River. At Tel Megiddo, you will gain a comprehension of the historical, geographical and theological significance of the hill- particularly, that Tel Megiddo is said to be the site of Armageddon, the final battle between God and Satan.
4. For a total soul-enriching and awe-inspiring adventure, there’s Oceania’s Explorer Collection. This collection features a series of excursions that create a full and exciting experience, and is currently priced at $1,989 per guest. The Oceania Nautica departs from Cape Town, South Africa, December 11, 2010.
The ports and excursions are as follows:
- Cape Town, South Africa – Cape Peninsula Tour – Explore beautiful southwest Africa during this one day orientation along the Cape Peninsula to Cape Point.
- Durban, South Africa – Tala Game Reserve – Explore South Africa’s diverse plant, wildlife and bird-life during this unforgettable trip to the Tala Game Reserve
- Richard’s Bay, South Africa – Shakaland – Visit to the tribal village of Shakaland and experience the excitement and romance of the days of King Shaka of the Zulus.
- Maputo, Mozambique – Discover Maputo – Visit Maputo, Mozambique’s capital and most populated city, also venturing into the beautiful countryside along the coast.
- Mayotte, French Comoros -The Many Faces of Mayotte – Enjoy a scenic ride along the southeastern coast of Mayotte, and experience spectacular views of the surrounding islands as you drive along the shores of the beautiful Indian Ocean.
- Nosy Be, Madagascar – Discover Nosy Tanikely & Nosy Komba – Visit the islands of Nosy Tanikely and Nosy Komba on a full-day tour that features scenic beaches, playful lemurs and local crafts.
- Mahe, Seychelles – Spices and Coral – During this relaxing journey, you’ll discover the charming plantation, rain forest and unspoiled coastline of Mahe Island.
- Praslin, Seychelles – Vallee de Mai Nature Walk – Experience the gorgeous beauty of the Vallee de Mai Nature Reserve during an unforgettable nature walk inside this World Heritage Site.
- Male, Maldives -Beach Escapade At Kuda Bandos – Beach lovers will adore 3 hour visit to the beautiful coral island of Kuda Bandos, located in North Malé Atoll.
- Rangoon, Myanmar -Golden Glory of Yangon – Experience Yangon, the gateway to Myanmar, during a remarkable full-day tour of this stunning and historic city. Flanked by water on three sides, Yangon offers an intriguing combination of ancient temples and old Colonial buildings.
- Phuket, Thailand – Spectacular Phang Nga Bay Phuket, Thailand – This full-day visits the unique and inspiring landscape of Phang Nga. Take a motorboat through spectacular scenery and awesome island and visit Kao Ping-Gan, where part of the James Bond adventure, The Man with the Golden Gun, was filmed.
Fast cars, wild Alaska, romance, exploring the spiritual side and culture; find out more about booking your next fantastic shore excursion by contacting the experts at CruiseCompete.com.