Crystal Cruises announced today that it will expand complimentary Internet access to all of its luxury guests. Beginning August 30 on both, Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity, Crystal will provide one free hour per guest, per day for Deluxe Stateroom and Penthouse guests; 90 minutes for Penthouse Suite guests. With additional free access to Crystal’s 24-hour satellite-enabled wireless Internet – which will also be available aboard Crystal Yacht Cruises’ Crystal Esprit when the maiden voyage embarks on December 23, 2015 – travelers can remain connected while on vacation, whether on their own devices or utilizing one of the ships’ cutting edge work stations or portable laptop rentals, which are available for a nominal fee.
“While some travelers like to ‘unplug’ on vacation, many of our guests wish to stay connected while traveling, whether for business purposes, to stay in touch with loved ones, or to share their Crystal experiences along their journeys,” says President & CEO Edie Rodriguez, “It is always our goal to make life aboard our ships as effortless and comfortable as possible for our guests, and amenities like free Internet go a long way to help those efforts.”
For guests seeking more time online, Crystal offers four convenient packages to suit their needs:
- Plan A: “Pay As You Go” for $0.74 per minute
- Plan B: 2 hours (120 minutes) for $55 ($0.46 per minute)
- Plan C: 5 hours (300 minutes) for $127 ($0.43 per minute)
- Plan D: 10 hours (600 minutes) for $220 ($0.37 per minute)
Last year, Crystal installed improvements to the onboard experience, including:
- Maximizing satellite bandwidth with the latest technology, allowing for more users and more content to stream simultaneously.
- Expansion of Wi-Fi signal range throughout the ships, making wireless connection available everywhere on board, including all staterooms, public spaces, and outdoor decks.
- The ability to access internet in areas that were previously unavailable, such as Japan.
The free Wi-Fi perk was previously available only to Crystal Society Members, the line’s repeat guest loyalty program.
The world’s most awarded cruise line has long been celebrated for its onboard technological offerings, including the Computer University@Sea facilities, equipped with state-of-the-art Mac/Windows dual-compatible computers and expert staff on hand for instruction and assistance. Specially designed classes offer curriculum tailored toward novice and expert users, with topics ranging from basic operating systems and use of smart phones and other devices, to digital photo and video editing and website design.