Crystal Cruises is renowned for its shore excursions; in fact, it’s relatively safe to say they set the standard within the industry. This week, they announced their 2014 World Cruise Adventures offerings (the earliest this information has ever been released, by the way), so if you’re thinking ahead to next year’s world cruise (as I always am), you’ll definitely want to take note.
These excursions (and many more, over 200) will be offered on their World Cruise, sails for 89 days aboard the Crystal Serenity, starting January 18, 2014.
The excursions, ranging in length from half a day to several days each, will take guests to natural marvels and historically significant landmarks from LA to London, via the Pacific Islands, Asia, Africa…and more.
Here’s information straight from the line:
In 2014, World Cruise guests will be able to:
– Helicopter over Hawaii, Hong Kong, and Cape Town.
– Safari for native African wildlife, from gorillas to elephants.
– Explore cultural microcosms from Geisha life in Kyoto to Ghandi and Indian sub-culture in South Africa.
– Stay overnight off-ship in several countries, including Vietnam and Cambodia.
– Indulge in hands-on culinary treats, from blending one’s own wine near Cape Town or learning traditional tea preparation in Hong Kong to local market shopping and hands-on Creole cooking in Mauritius.
– Visit pivotal WWII Pacific Theatre sites from Tinian to Oahu, including a private lunch with captain of the USS Missouri.
Crystal’s 2014 World Cruise is comprised of five, 12 to 22 day segments visiting ports in California, Hawaii, Guam, Mariana Islands, Japan, China, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Principe, Ghana, Senegal, Morocco, Portugal, and England.
Full World Cruisers receive special perks, such as a bon voyage pre-cruise gala, complimentary chauffeured pre- and post-cruise transfers, first class air transportation, souvenir gifts, special shore-side event participation.