My husband, a Harley rider, loves to explore the open road. And he’s not alone… people all over the globe use this freewheeling transportation to see the world from a different perspective. So here’s a trend that Harley-Davidson riders everywhere can get “onboard” with; on your next cruise, hop off the cruise ship and onto a rental bike! If you are a fan of seeing “open road” on the back of a Harley Road King or Heritage Classic, there remain countless global frontiers out there to explore!
Harley Davidson® has established rental locations throughout the world to accommodate the growing cadre of international road warriors. (All rentals are late-model Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, serviced and maintained to strict company standards. See AllThingsCruise for a complete listing of Harley-Davidson® authorized rental locations.)
Here are a few examples of the rental opportunities available to avid riders:
- Want to see the mountains of Switzerland? Start with a 13-day “Enchanting Rhine” river cruise from AmaWaterways, comprised of a 7-night cruise from Amsterdam to Basel, 2 nights in Lucerne, and ending with a 2-night stay in Zürich Jump off the ship, and then motor along the Swiss Alps, courtesy of Harley-Davidson Zürich.
- Are you a history buff? A must see city is Berlin. Rent a Harley from Classic Bike, and visit the Alte National Gallery (a UNESCO World Heritage site), the Brandenburg Gate, and the Berlin Wall Memorial. After touring the city, you can catch a 10-Night Elegant Elbe Berlin to Prague river cruise with Viking River.
- Is Rome, up close and personal, your interest? Rent from Harley-Davidson Roma, and the bike will navigate the narrow streets, allow you to park anywhere, and get to Appian Way a lot quicker than did Caesar’s Roman Legions. When you’re done exploring, embark on Princess Cruises’ Star Princess for a 12-Night – Egypt & Aegean Roundtrip Rome cruise!
While biking on a Harley offers terrific side-trip opportunities on any cruise, note that there are some things to keep in mind before you sign up for your rental. For most of Harley Davisdson’s® international rental locations, riders must:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Have a valid heavyweight motorcycle operator’s license.
- Have a major credit card.
- Must possess the skills, knowledge to operate a heavyweight motorcycle.
Riders should expect that their Harley-Davidson Authorized Rentals® will provide:
- Use of a Harley-Davidson country-approved helmet and rainsuit for a comfortable and enjoyable ride.
- Short-term luggage storage.
- 24-hour emergency roadside assistance.
(In addition, Supplemental Liability Insurance and Supplemental Personal Property & Personal Accident Insurance may be available. Availability, coverage, and rates vary by location. Riders must speak directly with their rental location for details.)
For information about booking a cruise contact Ross Spalding or a cruise specialist at Crown Cruise Vacations– call (877) 283-1114 USA toll-free or +1(609) 945-9801.
See a complete listing of international Harley-Davidson® authorized rental locations here.