Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Broward County Board of County Commissioners
1850 Eller Drive
Hollywood, FL 33301
Driving Directions to Port Everglades:
Travel Time: 2 miles from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport; approximately 5 minutes.
30 miles from Miami International Airport; approximately 45 minutes.
I-595 is an East/West Interstate with connections to I-95, the Florida Turnpike, U.S. 1, State Road 7 (441), I-75 and the Sawgrass Expressway.
- Take I-595 East straight into Port Everglades.
- Once in Port Everglades, I-595 becomes Eller Drive.
- You will approach a sign with instructions that will direct you to the ship’s assigned terminal.
- At traffic light, proceed straight and the entrance to the Midport Parking Garage will be located on the left side of the street.
Parking Information and Fees:
Convenient parking for cruise passengers is available in the Northport and Midport Parking Garages and the Midport Surface Lot between Terminals 18 and 19.
All Port public garages are:
- Provide handicapped parking with unimpeded access to crosswalks and elevators
- $3 for 0-1 hour
- $6 for up to 5 hours, and then $1 per hour thereafter up to daily maximum
- $15 daily maximum
- $19 daily maximum for oversized vehicles (those that exceed the standard width and/or height of a parking space).
Vehicles in excess of 20 feet in length cannot be accommodated.
Northport Parking Garage
The 2500-space Northport garage (soon expanding to 4,250 spaces) services:
- Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center
- Northport cruise terminals including Cruise Terminals #1, 2 & 4.
Entrance: Turn south on Eisenhower Blvd. from 17th Street Causeway, or come east on State Road 84, entering the Port and turning left at Eisenhower Blvd.
From I-595, go east straight into the Port. Follow signs for Terminals #1, 2 & 4 and/or the Convention Center.
Midport Parking Garage
The 2000-space Midport garage services:
- Cruise Midport Terminals #18, 19, 21, 22/24, 25, 26, 27 and 29.
Entrance: Take I-595 east straight into the Port. Continue heading east to the garage on the left side of the street.
Midport Surface Lot
Cruise Terminal 18 has its own 600-space surface parking lot adjacent to the terminal.
Parking Lot #19 is a 400-space surface parking lot located between Cruise Terminals 18 and 19 and is used when the parking lot at Cruise Terminal 18 and the Midport Garage are full. The entrance is on SE 19th Street.
Garage and surface parking rates are the same.
In 1996 the Broward County Board of Commissioners, acting under authority of Florida Statute 316.1959, elected to charge disabled patrons of the Port Everglades parking facilities the same fees as are applied to all other patrons; and that pursuant to Section 3 of Statute 316.1964, “When a state, county, or municipal parking facility or lot is being used in connection with an event at a convention center, cruise-port terminal, sports stadium, coliseum, or auditorium, the parking facility may charge a person whose vehicle displays such a permit a parking fee in the same manner and amount as it charges other persons.”
However, pursuant to Section 8 of the latter statute, any vehicle with specialized equipment such as ramps, lifts, or foot or hand controls, for use by the person who has a disability, or any vehicle that is displaying the Florida Turnpike Toll Exemption sticker, is exempt from any parking fees in Port Everglades.
Map Port Everglades:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Port+Everglades &city=Fort+Lauderdale&state=FL&address=1850+Eller+Dr+%23+405 &zipcode=33316&country=US&latitude=26.08207 &longitude=-80.120849&geocode=ADDRESS&id=4460133