Tickets for the 2013 of The Great American Steamboat Company’s ship, The American Queen, went on sale this past Friday, with fares starting at $1,095 per guest.
This is a line for lovers of American history, and those who travel with them won’t be disappointed with the content for next year’s cruises- here are some highlights.
- There will be a total of 30 departures from Memphis and New Orleans, presented the Lower Mississippi’s well-known plantations, civil war battlefields, history and Southern culture
- The line is featuring Five special departures highlighting Natchez’s Spring Pilgrimage Pageant
- “Blue Hawaii”, an Elvis Tribute
- A variety of new themes, including Blues & Barbeque, Louisiana History & Culture, Mystical Krewe of Steamboating Mardi Gras SM, Dixie Fest, Southern Spirits, Gardens of the River, In the Good Old Summertime SM, Baseball Legends, Manifest Destiny, The Great Steamboat Era. There will also the first annual Delta Queen Steamboat Company and Paddlewheel Steamboat Society Of America™ Reunion voyages.
- An Epic Civil War voyage between Memphis and Chattanooga
- More accommodations for single travelers! There is now the option of Single Outside Staterooms
- Red, White and Blue Pricing – offering greater value for travelers
- Every steamboat voyage includes a free one night deluxe hotel stay in the city of embarkation, all shore tours their trademark Steamcoaches SM in all ports, complimentary wine and beer with dinner and a host of other amenities.
Another development of note: effective July 1, the company will be renamed the American Queen Steamboat Company.