Geneva, Switzerland (July 30, 2019) – Today marks 100 days until the launch of MSC Cruises’ first Meraviglia-Plus ship, MSC Grandiosa, in Hamburg, Germany on November 9th, with TV star Michelle Hunziker hosting the glamorous events.
MSC Cruises developed the Meraviglia generation ships to meet every need of today’s cruise guest. MSC Grandiosa will become MSC Cruises’ new flagship, and the largest ship in the fleet, offering the richest array of facilities and services to date.
With 11 dining venues, 21 bars and lounges, world-class entertainment, an authentic Mediterranean-style promenade at the heart of the ship and much more, MSC Grandiosa is the ideal ship for a variety of vacation desires. Some ship highlights include:
- A SHIP FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
In line with MSC Cruises environmental stewardship program founded on a deep commitment to ecological principles, MSC Grandiosa pushes the boundaries of cruise ship environmental performance, featuring some of the latest environmental systems and innovative marine technology.
The ship operates with significantly increased energy efficiency and is equipped with state-of-the-art recycling facilities and waste management systems, as well as advanced technology for cleaner ship emissions.
- MSC FOR ME AND ZOE
After debuting on MSC Bellissima earlier this year, ZOE, developed in partnership with HARMAN international and Samsung Electronics, is MSC Cruises’ industry-leading voice-enabled artificial intelligence (AI) that will be found in every stateroom on MSC Grandiosa as part of the MSC for Me digital ecosystem. Speaking seven languages, ZOE can answer hundreds of questions about the cruise, give information about onboard facilities, help book services and provide guidance and suggestions.
In addition to ZOE, guests will be able to take advantage of a number of other new MSC for Me features introduced in 2019 including guest-to-guest chat via the MSC for Me app, Friends and Family Locator service*, and, to begin planning before they board, guests can browse and purchase pre-paid packages at the best prices.
- OUTSTANDING DINING OPTIONS
Alongside three main restaurants serving refined Mediterranean cuisine and an international buffet, guest can book four specialty restaurants*:
- HOLA! Tapas Bar welcomes guests into a Spanish-inspired culinary experience created by the renowned 2-starred Michelin chef Ramón Freixa. The warm 538 sq. ft., 56-seat restaurant offers a welcoming atmosphere where guests can share plates and celebrate the Mediterranean lifestyle.
- L’ATELIER BISTROT is a French bistro that celebrates la joie de vivre with a selection of savory snacks such as tartars, charcuterie and cheese selections, as well as larger traditional French dishes such boeuf bourguignon, steak tartar and duck confit.
- BUTCHER’S CUT is perfect for meat lovers. The successful modern American steakhouse concept seen on board all of the latest MSC Cruises ships joins MSC Grandiosa, with a chance for guests to observe the skills of a master butcher in an open-front kitchen. With a selection of craft beers, bold American wines and elaborate cocktails, the rustic Americana-style venue is a true feast for the senses.
- KAITO TEPPANYAKI AND SUSHI BAR, are two restaurants, with one offering modern East-West cooking style of Japanese cuisine on four teppanyaki grills, where chefs delight and entertain guests with spectacular flips and tricks, while preparing authentic, mouth-watering meals. Next door, master sushi chefs prepare the freshest sushi, sashimi and tempura at sea overlooking the bustling promenade.
- TWO BRAND NEW CIRQUE DU SOLEIL AT SEA SHOWS
MSC Grandiosa will be the third MSC Cruises ship to feature Cirque du Soleil at Sea, with two brand new, contrasting shows designed exclusively for guests sailing aboard MSC Grandiosa. Exclusive shows have already been wowing guests on board MSC Meraviglia and MSC Bellissima as part of the long-standing partnership with Cirque du Soleil. More information on the new show concepts for MSC Grandiosa will be revealed later this year.
- LUXURIOUS MSC YACHT CLUB
The MSC Yacht Club is in a class of its own. With glamorous suites and 24-hour butler and concierge service, this ship-within-a-ship concept offers guests a place to eat, drink, swim and sunbathe in a lavish, private club atmosphere while enjoying access to all the recreation opportunities offered throughout the ship.
95 exclusive suites located in the prestigious foredecks of the ship offer views like no other. With Egyptian cotton sheets, memory foam mattresses and a complimentary mini bar, guests can expect to be pampered to their hearts’ desire.
Press release, video, and photo courtesy of MSC Cruises.