Well, this one’s up for debate, and rightfully so. Just in the last year, I’ve seen the cruise lines make a concentrated effort to promote their family-friendly status with some truly amazing entertainment, amenities, programs and shore excursions.
You can find examples of imaginative and perfectly tailored programs on almost every line, but this week, I’m taking note of some information that came across my desk for Lindblad Expeditions. This line is sort of a favorite of mine anyway, because of the eye-opening educational offerings they provide to kids. (They were also recently voted the #1 small ship cruise line for families, again, by Travel + Leisure. You can read about that impressive achievement here.)
They have a really outstanding children’s exploration program, to be specific, and here’s what you can expect from them if you choose this line for your next family vacation.
- Photo workshops with a Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor, using smart phones and/or point-and-shoot cameras
- Journals & journaling time to record kids’ daily activities
- Scavenger hunts
- Zodiac-driving lessons & “certificates of achievement”
- Hands-on nature lessons with our naturalists, trained to work with kids and excellent role models
- Hands-on science program: using the onboard video microscope, learning about conservation efforts
- PLUS, kid-friendly menu options, with a special kids’ pizza & movie night
Right now, they’re running two specials:
- $500 off for kids under 18 on a 10-day Galapagos itinerary, and
- $500 off for kids under 18 on an 8-day Alaska itinerary, PLUS free air on selected May departures.
If you’re planning a family cruise, take a little closer look at this line.