The American Queen Steamboat Company, owner of the largest and most opulent riverboat in the world, is proud to announce its exciting new Bourbon & Bluegrass itineraries beginning in Aug. 2014 between St. Louis, Mo. and Cincinnati, Ohio. The nine-day journey offers guests the chance to experience a dynamic blend of historic discovery, music and the Kentucky Bourbon Trial, with tours to renowned distilleries and celebrated ports including Cape Girardeau, Mo.; Paducah, Ky.; Henderson, Ky.; Louisville, Ky.; and Madison, Ind.Taking place on two dates, Aug 29th and Sep 5th, the Bourbon & Bluegrass voyages will feature distilleries from the makers of Jim Beam, Buffalo Trace, and Heaven Hill. Famous bourbon makers will also be onboard to present and reveal their finest creations paired with the famed cuisine of the American Queen Steamboat Company.
“Sipping bourbon and enjoying Bluegrass are two iconic American pastimes that go hand in hand,” shares American Queen Steamboat Company President and COO Ted Sykes. “Our guests will appreciate this authentic experience that brings the history and culture of the Ohio Valley region to life.”
Highlights of the trip include:
- Included pre-cruise hotel stay in St. Louis, Mo. or Cincinnati, Ohio, depending upon the departure.
- Onboard Bluegrass Acts featuring Rhonda Vincent and the Rage and Storefront Congregation.
- Multiple Lecturers and tasting opportunities from Four Roses Bourbon, Buffalo Trace Distillery, Heaven Hill Distilleries and other Kentucky bourbons.
- Distillery Tours on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail where 95% of all bourbon is made.
- Premium touring opportunities to the Bluegrass Hall Of Fame and International Bluegrass Music Museum in Owensboro, Ky.
- Barbeque luncheon at My Old Kentucky Home in Bardstown, Ky.
- Daily open jam sessions in the “Pickin’ Parlors” for anyone wishing to join in on the fun.
- An exclusive “Moonshine Matinee” deck party on the Ohio River. Featuring outdoor bar barbeque, moonshine lectures on the art and history of moonshine making, festival style Bluegrass and moonshine tasting.