The very idea of the Mediterranean brings to mind stunning natural beauty, diverse cultural heritage, sophistication, and champagne- in short, the glamorous life! It is, without a doubt, one of the most desirable regions in the world to cruise, as the whole region is peppered with picturesque beaches, secret coves, spectacular harbors, and exotic port destinations.
I can attest to the allure of the golden beaches of St. Tropez, the elegance of Monte Carlo’s Grand Casino, the eternal beauty of Rome… These remarkable destinations are a must-see for world travelers, and all of them (and more!) can be visited on a western Mediterranean cruise.
If a Mediterranean cruise is on your wish list this year, consider booking now- Windstar Cruises is running specials on bookings for their “Glitter & Glam Western Mediterranean Voyages-made now through March 31, 2011. Following is a listing of itineraries available:
- 7-Day Lisbon to Barcelona voyage on Wind Surf departs April 17, 2011 and visits Tangier, Morocco; Malaga, Spain; Almeria, Spain; Cartagena, Spain; and Ibiza, Spain.
- 7-Day Barcelona to Rome voyages on Wind Surf departing April 24 and May 8, 2011, and visits Palma de Mallorca, Spain; St. Tropez, France; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Portofino, Italy; and Livorno, Italy.
- 7-Day Barcelona to Rome voyage on Wind Spirit departing April 30, 2011 and on Wind Star departing May 7, 2011, visiting Mahon, Menorca, Spain; St. Tropez, France; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Portofino, Italy; and Livorno Italy.
- 7-Day Athens to Venice on Wind Star departing July 16, 2011, and visiting Monemvasia, Greece; Pylos, Greece; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Trogir, Croatia; and Pula, Croatia.
- 7-Day Venice to Athens on Wind Star departing July 30, 2011, and visiting Pula, Croatia; Trogir, Croatia; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Pylos, Greece; and Monemvasia, Greece.
These voyages will be absolutely amazing. Find out more about Windstar Cruises here.