The latest in Cruise Ship Innovation-
Some features of the newest ships from All Things Cruise
Blue Star Line’s Titanic II (launching 2016)
- What’s old is new again as the ship will be an almost exact replica of the original, leading to a huge amount of interest among history buffs who want to sail on her.
- The new ship will also feature modern innovations such as top safety equipment, a hospital and helicopter landing pad.
Regent Seven Seas Seven Seas Explorer (launching summer 2016)
- This ship is to be built at a cost of $450 million, making it the most expensive luxury liner ever constructed.
- Luxury amenities will include Regent’s signature nine-deck atrium, a two-story Explorer Theater, three boutiques and the customary Canyon Ranch SpaClub®.
Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas (launching November 2014)
- This ship will feature the first ever sky-diving simulator at sea. Guests can experience the sensation of flying in a safe and enclosed air machine.
- The North StarSM, a jewel shaped, windowed capsule that will climb to 300 feet above sea level, allowing guests to have an unobstructed 360° view of the sea and ship destinations.
- Spaces that transform from day to night. During the day, guest will play basketball, go roller skating and ride bumper cars at the SeaplexSM, and then come back at night for fantastic shows.
Princess Cruises Royal Princess® (launched June 2013)
- The line’s largest top deck pool ever that features a Vegas-style water & light show at night.
- Princess Live! is the first television studio in cruising. It features audience seating and participation, and also serves as a venue for game shows, art-house films, enrichment classes and murder mysteries
- The SeaWalkSM- with views 128 feet straight down! This 17-deck-high, glass-bottomed “SeaWalk” extends nearly 30 feet from the side of the vessel, affording unmatched views of the ocean.
More and More All-Inclusive Features Including Wines
Just ask for another wine list if your needs are not meet, there are numerous lists available for your pleasure, plus a private collection list for an extra fee
Viking River Cruises announced the launch of its ocean product line, Viking Ocean Cruises marking the introduction of the travel industry’s first new cruise line in nearly a decade.
- Enriching Entertainment:, Connecting passengers to their destinations through authentic experiences is central to Viking Cruises, and Viking Star’s onboard venues include a dramatic three-deck atrium where passengers can enjoy musicians playing regional and classical music; the Star Theater, home of enrichment lectures from scholars and experts; an onboard cooking school where guests can learn local specialties; and the Viking Piano Lounge, where guests can relax, mingle, and exchange stories after a day of exploring.
Azamara’s Fascinating Evening Adventures Offering evening shore excursions, included with your fare………….
Azamara AzAmazing Evening Adventures:
- For Wine Lovers: Guests on Azamara Quest’s Monte-Carlo to Andalucia voyage will enjoy a complimentary AzAmazing Evenings event at the Cordoniu Cellars. The Cordoniu family has been producing Spain’s famous sparkling Cava wine since the 16th Century. On this visit guests will learn how Cava is made, sample the varieties paired with regional specialties, and be treated to a stunning flamenco performance across six stages, with a chance to meet and chat with the performers afterwards.
- For Sports Lovers: Azamara Quest’s Springtime Along the Cote D’Azur voyage will take them to the charming port of Sete, France, where they will watch the ancient and colorful sport of water jousting, found only in this region of the world. During this AzAmazing Evenings event guests will share ringside seats on the Royal Canal, and enjoy the unique spectacle, along with a fine array of local food and libations, including French wines, shellfish, tapenade and savory canapés.
- For Gourmands: During Azamara Quest’s Basque Country to the Channel Islands voyage, gourmands will experience an evening of Basque cuisine at Azurmendi, a three-star Michelin restaurant. Guests will be treated to traditional foods with a modern twist by Chef Eneko Atxa with time to tour the gardens and wine cellar beforehand and watch appetizers being prepared at food stalls in the grand dining room as they listen to ancient txalaparta music.
- For Festive Culture-Seekers: Guests on Azamara Journey’s Greek Isles & Cyprus, Suez Canal to Oman & Dubai voyage will enjoy an immersive evening at Limassol, Cyprus. There, guests will be transported to Omodus Village to explore this traditional mountain village of narrow cobblestone lanes. They will enjoy a private section of the square where dancers representing Cyprus’ different regions will perform as they sample local wines and mezes.
- For Theatre Lovers: An evening at the ballet awaits guests on Azamara Quest’s Baltic Rendezvous & Kiel Fireworks voyage. This AzAmazing Evenings experience is held at the famous Mikkhailovsky Theater, where guests will be treated to a red carpet entrance, complete with champagne before sitting down to gala performance exclusively for Azamara guests. Before this exquisite evening of ballet in the beautifully renovated theater, guests will enjoy a regal greeting by the Russian Horn Capella orchestra.
- For History Lovers: Azamara Journey’s Vatican to the Acropolis voyage will feature a complimentary AzAmazing Evenings experience at a typical Piedigrotta, in Sorrento, Italy. The Neapolitan festival from medieval times will be transported back to ancient Naples. Guests will wander through an authentic village, set in a lovely garden along with singers, dancers and musicians dressed in 19th Century costumes as they enjoy medieval music and sample delicacies at realistic market stalls along the way.
- For Music Lovers: Overlooking the Amalfi and Bay of Salerno, guests on Azamara Quest’sFootsteps of Napoleon & Amalfi Coast will enjoy an evening at the village of Ravello, Italy. Perched on a cliff, the village is home to Villa Rufolo and the beautiful gardens that inspired Richard Wagner’s second movement of Parsifal. During the evening they will be treated to stunning views of the sea as well as a classical concert followed by Prosseco and Italian sweets.
- For Jetsetters: A beachside party awaits guests on Azamara Journey’s Azamara Summer Favorites voyage, at lively Ibiza, Spain. Guests will dance the night way to a 60s-inspired retro party at the famous Nassau Beach Club, host to international jetsetters and Hollywood celebrities.