Decorated military vets, diplomats, political figures, and global news correspondents, along with more of today’s most fascinating – and sometimes polarizing – personalities from around the world will go head to head aboard three segments of Crystal Cruises’ 2014 World Cruise. During the line’s moderated Ocean Views-themed discussion panels, the esteemed experts will candidly discuss several of the hottest current issues, followed by an interactive Q&A/polling from the audience of Crystal’s savvy world-traveling guests. Ocean Views will present the spirited debates aboard three segments of Crystal Serenity’s 89-day World Cruise: January 18 Los Angeles-Yokohama, March 10 Singapore-Cape Town and March 28 Cape Town-London. Among the experts set for the panels are:
- James Bradley – Award-winning author of the bestselling book, Flags of Our Fathers, based on his own father’s experience raising the flag on Iwo Jima (January 18 cruise);
- Richard Roth – CNN’s senior U.N. correspondent, covering everything from Syria and the Arab Spring to U.S. politics and New York stories (January 18 cruise);
- General Anthony Zinni (Ret.) – Decorated 39-year U.S. military veteran who led troops in over 70 countries; now also an acclaimed author and diplomat (January 18 cruise);
- Edwina Currie – One of the U.K.’s most provocative conservative political figures and former Member of Parliament (March 10 cruise);
- Ambassador Tony Leon – Former leader of South Africa’s progressive Opposition Party and ambassador to South America (March 10 cruise);
- Sue MacGregor – Renowned BBC broadcaster, perhaps best known as the long-running host of Women’s Hour, and current host of The Reunion on BBC Radio 4 (March 28 cruise);
- Tex Harris – Twice president of the American Foreign Service Association and advocate for strengthening U.S. diplomacy (March 28 cruise); and
- Shelby Coffey – Veteran newsman and former editor of the Los Angeles Times and president of CNN Business News (March 28 cruise).
“Ocean Views offers our guests a fantastic opportunity to witness – and participate in – the intellectual sparring that occurs when great minds come together for open discussion,” says Bret Bullock, vice president of entertainment. “Regardless of what side of the aisle one may fall upon, this roster of dynamic, opinionated speakers is certain to inspire lively conversation long after guests leave the theater.”
The Ocean Views sessions – initially launched in 2011 — are presented annually aboard the World Cruise, and other select voyages, alongside enhanced Creative Learning Institute and other enrichment programming around the globe. 2014’s World Cruise from Los Angeles to London is comprised of five segments, ranging from 12 to 22 days, with segment fares starting at $6,845 per person if booked by October 31.