For Immediate Release
The New Cruise Ships For 2011 and 2012
New Innovations, Itineraries and Amenities Take Cruising to the Next Level on the Premium Cruise Lines
DETROIT (June 15, 2011) – As tradition dictates, every year, the cruise lines introduce a host of new ships that showcase innovations, itineraries and amenities that surpass all that have gone before. So what can the cruise traveler expect from the next batch of ships, and when do they sail?
The experts at AllThingsCruise provide information on what all the new premium cruise ships for 2011 and 2012 will be offering:
- Costa Cruises Costa Favolosa, launching July 7, 2011, and carrying 3000 passengers, will feature the state-of-the-art Samsara Spa. The widely reputed sp will incorporate personalized Ayurvedic treatments, massages with special oils, and the purifying heat of a sauna. Costa Favolosa also promises 6 new fabulous Suites-two Grand Suites with balconies and verandas with jacuzzis, and four Suites with verandas and jacuzzis.
The ship will also incorporate a PlayGround area and 4D Cinema, with ultra luxury decorator touches such as granite, travertine, onyx and alabaster; and fine woods of mahogany, pearwood, and rosewood.
- Celebrity’s Celebrity Silhouette, with a capacity of 2886 passengers, will feature wireless Internet access, and flat-screen televisions in the staterooms- 85% of which will have private balconies. The ship, launching July 23, 2011 will also showcase Solstice-class amenities such as The Lawn Club, The Hot Glass Show, Art Gallery and Theatre with large production and musical shows.
Coming in 2012:
- Disney Cruises will be launching the Disney Fantasy on March 31, 2012 The Fantasy is a sister ship to the Disney dream, and the fourth ship in the Disney Cruise Line Fleet. It will include 1250 staterooms and house 4000 passengers, and is approximately 40% larger than the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder. A grand feature of the ship will be the 3-deck atrium lobby, which evokes memories of grand ocean liners of the past. The crown jewel of this magnificent space will be the lobby statue: Mademoiselle Minnie Mouse. Minnie, cast in bronze and dressed in vintage fashion with steamer luggage at her side, will welcome all who board the ship.
- Costa Cruises launches the Costa Fascinosa in the spring of 2012. This 3000 passenger vessel will have 1,508 cabins total, including 56 suites (all with balcony). It will also feature five Jacuzzis, four pools (two with a retractable covers, children’s pool and Water slide) and the famed Samsara Spa. The spa is 6,000 m² on two levels, with gym, baths, thalassotherapy pool, treatment rooms, sauna, Turkish bath and UVA-ray solarium.
- MSC Fantasia, launching Spring 2012 (sister ship MSC Splendida), is the largest cruise ship ever built for a European ship owner, and will carry 3502 passengers. MSC has constructed this ship with Swarovski crystal stairs, a transparent ceiling that allows passengers to experience the magic of starlit skies, and the luxury MSC Aurea Spa. The ship will also feature 5 restaurants, 4 swimming pools, 12 hydro-massage pools, coffee bars, shops, a children’s area, a Formula 1 simulator and an interactive 4-D cinema.
The new MSC Fantasia is the first to incorporate an exclusive area: privileged passengers can lounge in the MSC Yacht Club (72 suites, a bar, solarium, 2 hydro-massage pools, 1 skydome swimming pool, concierge and glass-walled Observation Lounge where guests can enjoy amazing ocean views). Guests of the Yacht Club will also receive butler service; assistance at check-in, transportation of luggage, unpacking, and traditional English afternoon tea, among other amenities.
- AIDA will premiere the AIDAmar during the 823rd Hamburg Port Anniversary celebrations on May 12, 2012. It is the sixth in the Project Sphinx series, and joins its three identically designed sister ships, AIDAluna, AIDAblu and AIDAsol.
- Carnival’s 3690-passenger Carnival Breeze launches in June of 2012, as the third ship in Carnival’s “Dream Class”. In keeping with the “fun” theme that Carnival embraces, there is a friendly/competitive sports and fitness area called SportSquare, a splashingly good time at WaterWorks, and the Cloud 9 Spa works. The ship will also feature a new Caribbean-inspired décor, Carnival Comfort Collection linens, towels and bathrobes, and 24-hour stateroom service.
- Celebrity Cruises will be premiering the 3,030 passenger Celebrity Reflection on October 12, 2012. The fifth Solstice-class ship from Celebrity, the Reflection will include the line’s first AquaClass Suites, which will have interior space of 251 square feet and an additional 57-square-foot balcony. The ship also will have eight new Sky Suites, 19 new Concierge Class cabins and 11 additional inside cabins. The Lawn Club will see some new additions, as well, with a “Lawn Club Grill”, with stainless steel grills, custom pizza-making tables and large ovens. During the day, the Lawn Club Grill will feature interactive cooking demonstrations and classes focused on pizza-making, grilling, and marinating; by night, the venue becomes an eatery where passengers can choose top-quality meats to either grill themselves, or have grilled to order.
About AllThings Cruise:
AllThingsCruise is a portal for cruise enthusiasts, dedicated to the joy of cruise travel planning. A valuable unique feature of AllThingsCruise is a complimentary e-card travelers can send to family members and others prior to departure. For more information, please visit http://allthingscruise.com/.
Owned by Compete Ventures, an Iowa limited liability company, AllThingsCruise is not owned by or affiliated with any travel agency.
Allison and Taylor Inc. +1-248-568-3860