American Queen Steamboat Company
American Queen Steamboat Company-Find out more:
American Queen Steamboat Company Reviews: Click here to see consumer reviews of this line
American Queen Steamboat Company Excursions: Click here for information on shore excursions for this line
About American Queen Steamboat Company:
There’s no more unique way to experience the history, heritage and culture of America’s heartland than a voyage aboard a genuine steamboat. Stroll through charming towns and vibrant river cities. Explore historic ports of call like New Orleans, Natchez, Mark Twain’s Hannibal, Chattanooga and Pittsburgh, just to name a few. Along the way, you’ll learn about the great events and people that have contributed to America’s history and culture. Your Steamboating voyage of discovery awaits you, so book now. We look forward to welcoming you aboard as you experience the heartland of America as never before—from the decks of the grand, elegant American Queen.
Join us for an unforgettable vacation voyage during the inaugural season of the Great American Steamboat Company. Itineraries and dates are coming soon. In the meantime, here’s a look a everything that will be included.
Fares will include:
- Exciting voyages for three to 11 nights on the American Queen.
- Shore excursions to fascinating river towns and cities.
- One-night luxury hotel stay and transfers before or after your voyage included in price.
- Complimentary bottled water and soft drinks.
- Complimentary wines and beers with dinner.
- An array of sumptuous dining options including regional cuisine by famed American Chef Regina Charboneau.
- Captain’s Champagne Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner.
- All regular shore tours included in the price of your voyage.
- Hot and cold canapes at cocktail hour every evening.
American Queen Steamboat Company Destinations:
- New Orleans
- St. Louis
- St. Paul
- The American Queen
2013 Voyage Highlights
- A total of 30 departures from Memphis and New Orleans, showcasing the fabled Lower Mississippi’s fabled plantations, civil war battlefields, history and Southern culture
- Five special departures featuring Natchez’s Spring Pilgrimage Pageant
- “Blue Hawaii”, an Elvis Tribute
- New themes – Blues & Barbeque, Louisiana History & Culture, Mystical Krewe of Steamboating Mardi GrasSM, Dixie Fest, Southern Spirits, Gardens of the River, In the Good Old SummertimeSM, Baseball Legends, Manifest Destiny, The Great Steamboat Era and the first annual Delta Queen Steamboat Company and Paddlewheel Steamboat Society Of America™ Reunion voyages
- Epic Civil War voyage between Memphis and Chattanooga
- More accommodations for single travelers including new Single Outside Staterooms
- Every steamboat holiday includes a free one night deluxe hotel stay in the city of embarkation, all shore tours on trademark SteamcoahesSM in all ports, complimentary wine and beer with dinner and a host of other amenities
There is a highly acclaimed way to receive multiple quotes from a site called CruiseCompete, where cruise specialists compete to offer you the best deal. The media sums it up for CruiseCompete:
“Score Luxury Cruises at Bargain Prices” (The Street)
“Best site for cruise deals” (The Wall Street Journal)
“28 Best Travel Sites” (Kiplinger’s) Multiple annual mentions
“36 Web Addresses You Should Know” (The Washington Post)
Get a Quote for American Queen Steamboat Company