Carnival Cruise Line:
Baby Boomers: This line attracts a clientele who are spirited and spontaneous and as such offers an on-board experience that is fun with a wide range of choices. If you’re looking for a little pampering, this line can offer it; the cabins are comfortable and spacious. Suites have a sitting area and spacious balcony, and the Grand Suite also features a walk-in closet and whirlpool bath. There is 24-hour room service on the ships and the 23,000-square-foot Cloud 9 Spas (on the Carnival Splendor, Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic, and the Carnival Breeze) are among the largest at sea and feature both exclusive spa staterooms and top-quality facilities and therapies in a stylish, serene setting.
Gen Y: Carnival’s “Fun Ships” boast a broad range of activities for people of all ages, including the recently added Punchliner Comedy Clubs and Superstar Live Karaoke, where guests can perform classic and contemporary hits with a live four-piece band and even their own backup singers. Shore excursions include things like snorkeling, zip-lining, and 4X4 rides. Carnival also works with its partner Sixthman to host full-ship charters featuring a variety of top-named musical acts.
Accommodations on Carnival Cruise Line to please the Boomers:
The Grand Suites on Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic and the new Carnival Breeze debuting in June 2012 are the largest cabins in the fleet — at 430 total square feet (345 square feet of interior space and an 85 square foot balcony) and accommodates up to four guests. There are cabins that accommodate up to five guests on the Carnival Magic, Carnival Dream and Carnival Breeze. These accommodations include two bathrooms— one full bathroom and a second bathroom featuring a junior tub with shower and sink.
Notes Regarding On-Board Communications, Alcohol and Gambling on Carnival Cruise Line:
- Carnival requires age 21 to drink, 18 to gamble.
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years.
- You must be 18 to gamble in the casino.
- Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 o older. Exceptions may be made for married couples or domestic partners who are minors.
- Ships feature internet cafes, ship-wide WiFi network to surf the Web, chat online and access email. You may use your personal laptop while onboard, your iPhone and all other WiFi equipped devices and most software installed on them without restrictions. Fees apply; check with both the cruise line and wireless carrier to identify any additional calling/texting costs.