Shore excursions are very high on the list of reasons why people take cruise vacations; with such a fascinating array of options available worldwide, I am always looking to find new experiences for our AllThingsCruise readers.
The latest to catch my eye is from Azamara; they have a series of excursions called the AzAmazing Evening adventures, which are now included in all Azamara voyages except transatlantic. These adventures truly have some unique offerings.
Here’s the information from the line:
8 Azamara AzAmazing Evening Adventures:
1. For Wine Lovers: Guests on Azamara Quest’s Monte-Carlo to Andalucia voyage will enjoy a complimentary AzAmazing Evenings event at the Cordoniu Cellars. The Cordoniu family has been producing Spain’s famous sparkling Cava wine since the 16th Century. On this visit guests will learn how Cava is made, sample the varieties paired with regional specialties, and be treated to a stunning flamenco performance across six stages, with a chance to meet and chat with the performers afterwards.
2. For Sports Lovers: Azamara Quest’s Springtime Along the Cote D’Azur voyage will take them to the charming port of Sete, France, where they will watch the ancient and colorful sport of water jousting, found only in this region of the world. During this AzAmazing Evenings event guests will share ringside seats on the Royal Canal, and enjoy the unique spectacle, along with a fine array of local food and libations, including French wines, shellfish, tapenade and savory canapés.
3. For Gourmands: During Azamara Quest’s Basque Country to the Channel Islands voyage, gourmands will experience an evening of Basque cuisine at Azurmendi, a three-star Michelin restaurant. Guests will be treated to traditional foods with a modern twist by Chef Eneko Atxa with time to tour the gardens and wine cellar beforehand and watch appetizers being prepared at food stalls in the grand dining room as they listen to ancient txalaparta music.
4. For Festive Culture-Seekers: Guests on Azamara Journey’s Greek Isles & Cyprus, Suez Canal to Oman & Dubai voyage will enjoy an immersive evening at Limassol, Cyprus. There, guests will be transported to Omodus Village to explore this traditional mountain village of narrow cobblestone lanes. They will enjoy a private section of the square where dancers representing Cyprus’ different regions will perform as they sample local wines and mezes.
5. For Theatre Lovers: An evening at the ballet awaits guests on Azamara Quest’s Baltic Rendezvous & Kiel Fireworks voyage. This AzAmazing Evenings experience is held at the famous Mikkhailovsky Theater, where guests will be treated to a red carpet entrance, complete with champagne before sitting down to gala performance exclusively for Azamara guests. Before this exquisite evening of ballet in the beautifully renovated theater, guests will enjoy a regal greeting by the Russian Horn Capella orchestra.
6. For History Lovers: Azamara Journey’s Vatican to the Acropolis voyage will feature a complimentary AzAmazing Evenings experience at a typical Piedigrotta, in Sorrento, Italy. The Neapolitan festival from medieval times will be transported back to ancient Naples. Guests will wander through an authentic village, set in a lovely garden along with singers, dancers and musicians dressed in 19th Century costumes as they enjoy medieval music and sample delicacies at realistic market stalls along the way.
7. For Music Lovers: Overlooking the Amalfi and Bay of Salerno, guests on Azamara Quest’s Footsteps of Napoleon & Amalfi Coast will enjoy an evening at the village of Ravello, Italy. Perched on a cliff, the village is home to Villa Rufolo and the beautiful gardens that inspired Richard Wagner’s second movement of Parsifal. During the evening they will be treated to stunning views of the sea as well as a classical concert followed by Prosseco and Italian sweets.
8. For Jetsetters: A beachside party awaits guests on Azamara Journey’s Azamara Summer Favorites voyage, at lively Ibiza, Spain. Guests will dance the night way to a 60s-inspired retro party at the famous Nassau Beach Club, host to international jetsetters and Hollywood celebrities.