AmaWaterways Debuts Industry’s Top Infotainment System
Award-winning river cruise line AmaWaterways is proud to announce the industry’s most comprehensive complimentary information and entertainment experience, known as “Infotainment, ” on board its “Ama” ships* on the Danube, Rhine, Main and Mosel rivers in Europe. The new “Infotainment System” includes enhanced Internet connectivity, thanks to newly-installed 3G High Speed Internet service; as well as Hollywood new release feature and classic films, plus computing options featuring Microsoft Office programs that are sure to appeal to today’s sophisticated traveler, all at no charge to the guest. Highlights of the Infotainment System include:
- New state-of-the-art video on demand system featuring Hollywood’s hottest current releases from top studios including Disney, Warner Bros., Universal, Paramount and Sony available on a complimentary basis in staterooms. A regularly changing selection of classic films will also be available for passengers’ enjoyment, as will informative television programs from renowned sources such as Rick Steves and Samantha Brown, chosen to coincide with the cruise itinerary;
- Enhanced Broadcast Television options, including News, Sports, Current Affairs, and an array of special interest channels available on stateroom television;
- A large selection of music in different styles and genres;
- Improved Internet connectivity fleet-wide, with fewer interruptions due to location, bridges, weather, etc. Internet service is available via 3G signal, and will include convenient Wi-Fi access throughout the ship;
- “Virtual Computer Desktop” providing computer-like functionality just like home. Using a specially-designed remote control, passengers can switch the television screen into a “computer screen,” allowing them to surf the Internet via Microsoft Internet Explorer; send emails; post blogs; create documents using word processing or spreadsheet programs;
- Airline Boarding Pass printing capability, using a dedicated guest laser printer in the Aft Lounge;
- A broadcasted Google map tracing the route of the ship;
- Personalized welcome message and bill view, with the ability to check ongoing charges
“Today’s travelers expect a full array of Internet and entertainment options and do not want to pay extra for them. Our new, enhanced complimentary Infotainment System is the best offering in cruising today and adds value to the guest’s experience on AmaWaterways. Exciting no-charge features such as the latest hit movies and high-speed Internet access in each stateroom, plus Wi-Fi throughout all areas of the ship continue to set AmaWaterways apart as the true innovator in the world of river cruising,” said AmaWaterways President, Rudi Schreiner.
AmaWaterways is an award-winning river cruise line offering all-inclusive cruise vacations in Europe, Russia, Vietnam and Cambodia. Its luxurious, state-of-the art fleet in Europe consists of the ms Amadolce (2009), the ms Amalyra (2009), the ms Amacello (2008), the ms Amadante (2008), the ms Amalegro (2007) and the ms Amadagio (2006). The MS Amabella will join the fleet in the spring of 2010 and the ms Amaverde will debut in 2011.
In addition to its core fleet of ships based in Europe offering river cruise vacations on the Danube, Rhine, Main and Mosel rivers, AmaWaterways offers destination cruises to the breathtaking Douro River Valley in Portugal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; a Provencal sojourn on the romantic Rhone river in France, and an exhilarating journey through the legendary waterways of Russia. In September 2009, the line introduced “Vietnam, Cambodia and the Riches of the Mekong,” a 15-day program highlighting legendary locations in Southeast Asia, featuring a 7-night Mekong River cruise on the ms La Marguerite. Due to the program’s tremendous success, AmaWaterways will introduce a new, larger vessel on the Mekong in 2011.
For more information on AmaWaterways, please log on to www.AmaWaterways.com or call 800-626-0126.
*Not all features currently available on every ship.