Cruise the Open Roads and the High Seas! Cruise Ships & Harleys
Rent a Harley-Davidson Motorcycle in a Cruise Port of Call
DETROIT (March 4, 2011) – Here’s a trend that Harley-Davidson riders everywhere can get “onboard” with: on your next cruise, hop off the ship and onto a rental bike! If you are a fan of seeing “open road” on the back of a Harley Road King or Heritage Classic, there remain countless global frontiers out there to explore!
Harley-Davidson® has established rental locations throughout the world to accommodate the growing cadre of international road warriors. (All rentals are late-model Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, serviced and maintained to strict company standards. See AllThingsCruise for a complete listing of Harley-Davidson® authorized rental locations.)
Here are a few examples of the rental opportunities available to avid riders:
- Want to see the mountains of Switzerland? Start with a 13-day “Enchanting Rhine” river cruise from AMAWATERWAYS, comprised of a 7-night cruise from Amsterdam to Basel, 2 nights in Lucerne, and ending with a 2-night stay in Zürich. Jump off the ship, then motor along the Swiss Alps, courtesy of Harley-Davidson Zürich.
- Are you a history buff? A must-see city is Berlin. Rent a Harley from Classic Bike and visit the Alte National Gallery (a UNESCO World Heritage site), the Brandenburg Gate and the Berlin Wall Memorial. After touring the city, you can catch a 10-Night Elegant Elbe — Berlin to Prague river cruise with Viking River Cruises.
- Is Rome, up close and personal, your interest? Rent from Harley-Davidson Roma and the bike will navigate the narrow streets, allow you to park anywhere, and get to Appian Way a lot quicker than did Caesar’s Roman Legions. When you’re done exploring, embark on Princess Cruises’ Star Princess for a 12-Night – Egypt & Aegean Roundtrip Romecruise!
While biking on a Harley offers terrific side-trip opportunities on any cruise, note that there are some things to keep in mind before you sign up for your rental. For most of Harley- Davisdson’s® international rental locations, riders must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Have a valid heavyweight motorcycle operator’s license
- Have a major credit card
- Must possess the skills and knowledge to operate a heavyweight motorcycle
Riders should expect that their Harley-Davidson Authorized Rentals® will provide:
- Use of a Harley-Davidson country-approved helmet and rainsuit for a comfortable and enjoyable ride
- Short-term luggage storage
- 24-hour emergency roadside assistance
(In addition, Supplemental Liability Insurance and Supplemental Personal Property & Personal Accident Insurance may be available. Availability, coverage and rates vary by location. Riders must speak directly with their rental locations for details.)
For information about booking a cruise contact Ross Spalding or a cruise specialist at Crown Cruise Vacations– call (877) 283-1114 USA toll-free or +1(609) 945-9801.
For a complete listing of international Harley-Davidson® authorized rental locations, please visit AllThingsCruise.
AllThingsCruise.com is a website for cruise enthusiasts, dedicated to the joy of cruise travel and planning the best cruise vacations ever. Its wealth of information includes valuable cruise travel tools – from cruise reviews and feedback, to helpful videos and information for choosing the right ship, to preparing for and enjoying a memorable cruise vacation. A valuable unique feature of AllThingsCruise is a complimentary e-card with vital cruise line and cruise ship contact information travelers can send to family members and others prior to departure.
AllThingsCruise — Find us on Facebook!